Scarpa Trionic

The Trionic has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best backpacking boots for 2020.

Price Reviewers Paid: $100.00

Outstanding boots!!! I have had mine since 2001!!

Pros

• Strong
  • Reliable

Cons

• Having to use beeswax to keep them waterproof. (But that's something that's common with all-leather boots anyway.)

I've had mine since 2001 — and they performed perfectly on a 28-day mountaineering/whitewater expedition (21 days in the mountains) I took with Outward Bound in Idaho.

No break-in, they were comfortable from the first day. And I didn't get any blisters, something my teammates had to deal with daily. And today, I used them on my adventure motorcycle trips. These boots are awesome!!

Welcome to Trailspace, Kurt! Do you have any pictures of your Scarpas you could share in your review with us?

Fantastic boot! I've had mine for around 20 years and they really are almost as good as new. I wear them every day to walk the dog over some very rough paths here in Southern Spain, and apart from some sole wear, they are still in superb condition.

I just treat them with Nikwax every few weeks (it's very dry here) and I can wade through shallow streams and my feet stay bone dry. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Materials: Leather
Use: mainly short hikes on rough trails
Break-in Period: none, perfect from new.

I've had my Scarpa Trionic "Attak" boot for over 22 years. It's my first REAL boot and wouldn't dare replace them. They're aged to perfection and I expect them to never leak (once a year I "snowproof" with Beeswax). I've abused them hiking, orienteerring, backpacking, and some construction sites. The tread isn't what it used to be, but unless I can get them replaced them by Scarpa, I'll just have to live with them the way they are. They'll probably outlast me.

Break-in Period: None- perfect from day one
Weight: I'm 180- 215lbs, my boats 1.9 (sweaty) lbs

Cannot praise these boots too highly. I've had them since 1987 and have gone many, many miles in them without a single blister, etc. And they look like new(ish).

Materials: leather
Use: dayhikes & backpacking
Price Paid: Can't remember

I've had my Trionic boots since around 1987 or 1988. I still wear them today and I love every minuet of it. These boots are at home on any rocky, steep trail as well as tame Wal-Mart floors. I just need to start thinking about getting them re-soled.

Materials: Full Grain Leather
Use: Backpacking
Break-in Period: Slim to none

Great boot. We both put on new pairs before hiking up and down Mt. Moosilauke. Never got a blister! Then again, we had feet that had already hiked some 1,500 miles. Anyone know where I can get another pair? (for the day when these boot eventually(?) wear out).

Tennessee Jed, GA->ME 1989