Sea to Summit Premium Silk Travel Liner

photo: Sea to Summit Premium Silk Travel Liner sleeping bag liner

Price Current Retail: $79.95-$149.95
Historic Range: $25.83-$149.95
Reviewers Paid: $10.00-$74.95

Perfect for traveling and staying in hotel conditions where they use harsh laundry soaps.

Pros

• Soft
  • Mummy has a hood to protect head

Cons

• Mummy sack is difficult to extract from

9DDD8D66-31B2-4CC8-951A-CC4EA11664E5_1_201_a.jpg
I purchased this Sea to Summit item on a recent trip to GA to use to give me a barrier to the harsh laundry soaps used in the hotel I was staying in. I have travelled for a couple of years with a larger lightweight sleeping bag, but it was taking up too much space in my one piece of luggage.

9384C5B7-3C6C-42C3-977A-E22785E93693.jpg
This was an expensive switch to a newer lighter weight and smaller solution, but one I am happy to say was a perfect solution for someone like me with a skin allergy issue that rears its ugly head every time I travel and stay in a hotel. The best part is that this soft silk is so soothing to the skin that it is like having a lightweight cloud wrapping you up and giving you a hug. Can't wait to see how it performs inside my down sleeping bag!

637430B4-0D72-4C48-B55B-22A70155B572.jpg
The only downside to this mummy sack is that it can feel a bit restrictive while sleeping—a downside I am willing to accept as it protects me from a rash from harsh laundry soaps used in the hotel system.

It was easy to wash and quick to hang to dry and simple to repack into the small carrier. I can see me packing this on my kayak and canoe trips just to have an extra hug as I snuggle into my sleeping bag.

Experience

I would highly recommend for anyone needing extra protection from hotel bedding due to allergies to harsh laundry soaps.

This is the first liner I've used, and the only. It's awesome for hot, muggy days on the coast, as well as cool nights inland. Alone, it's comfortable from 70°F+, and it's a great way to keep the bag clean.

I would not spend more than $25 on this however, unless you are an ultralight freak that will carry this in your pocket as you run the Gulf Coast.

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Layers