Seattle Sports E-Merse R/S GoPack
This lightweight dry case with comfortable shoulder straps would be great for stand up paddle boarding, snorkeling, or any other water sport where you might be worried about valuables getting wet.
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- See through PVC window to easily identify what went where
- Solid double closure and handle
- PVC material is pretty slim, so I'm concerned about long term durability
- Straps could become a hassle when packing in a boat hatch
I was able to test the E-Merse R/S GoPack from Seattle Sports in exchange for a review while camping and paddling at the Platte River campground in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, in Michigan. We used this dry bag while paddling on the Platte River and Lake Michigan.
What I like most:
- Easy to open and seal; this bag should live up to its water-resistant claim.
- The comfortable and convenient carrying straps accommodate many uses -- great for stand-up paddle boarding.
- The see-through vinyl window, helps me identify what is inside.
Some concerns about these bags:
- Durability might become an issue with the GoPack. I don't plan to pack anything inside, which could puncture the material, or overstuff it which could break the handle.
- The carrying straps could also become a hindrance when packing in a boat hatch, but they seem to detach easily enough.
Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.
Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)