Seattle Sports Explorer Dry Bags
Current Retail: $15.95
Historic Range: $15.95-$24.99
This quality dry bag would be great for standup paddle…
Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)
This quality dry bag would be great for standup paddle boarding, or just about any other water sport.
- The material is heavy and all seams are sealed, both bags should live up to their water-resistant claims.
- Each bag has comfortable and convenient carrying straps, which accommodate many uses, probably the best use for each will be for standup paddle boarding.
- The carrying straps could also become a hindrance when packing in a boat hatch or raft, which typically prefer dry-bags without excess straps.
I was able to test the Explorer 10L Dry Bag from Seattle Sports in exchange for a review while camping and paddling at the Platte River campground in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in northern Michigan. We used this bags while paddling on the Platte River and Lake Michigan.
What I like most:
- The bag has comfortable and convenient carrying straps, which accommodate many uses, probably the best will be for stand-up paddle boarding, canoeing, or carrying valuables around when you've stopped at a town or harbor to grab a bite to eat or shop.
- The material is heavy duty and all seams are sealed; this should live up to its water-resistant claims.
Some concerns about these bags:
- The carrying straps and clips could become a hindrance when packing in a boat hatch or raft, which typically prefer dry bags without excess straps. Though the straps can be removed, the strap clips may break off if you try to shove them down into a kayak hatch.
Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.