Super light, super warm, super awesome. I'm 5'7" 140…

Summary

Super light, super warm, super awesome.

Pros

• Super warm

Cons

• I don't see any.

I'm 5'7" 140 lbs. Small is a snug fit, medium leaves me room to layer in super cold weather.

I've had this for two winters now. I wear this jacket every day in the bitter Canadian cold. Man, I'm laughing at everybody else in those bulky/expensive Canada Goose jackets. I'm thoroughly impressed with the Primaloft insulation, pound/pound it is the warmest jacket I own.

Thunder Bay, Ontario, is really cold in the winter, with my Patagonia R3 sweater (300wt fleece) underneath, -40s were no problem at all. Helmet fits nicely when snowboarding.

In a downpour it can also hold its own. The shell isn't completely waterproof, and it gets a bit heavy when it soaks through, but you never really feel wet at all. It dries fast as well.

Overall highly recommended to everyone.

Welcome to Trailspace, Charlie. Thanks for sharing your first review with us.

T.J.

Right on. I was wondering how this jacket performed. And I'm a BIG fan of Sherpa Adventure Gear. They are truly changing lives in the local Sherpa communities. Good review.

FromSagetoSnow

Primaloft is truly a game changer. More and more often I'm carrying a down jacket and wearing my primaloft one.

The Sherpa Adventure Gear Shankar Belay Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 26, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

Six Moon Designs Minimalist Review