Sierra Designs Hurricane LT Pant - Men's

rated 1.0 of 5 stars (2)

The Men's Hurricane LT Pant has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof pants for 2019.

photo: Sierra Designs Men's Hurricane LT Pant waterproof pant

Price Historic Range: $19.99-$45.00
Reviewers Paid: $25.00

Not at all waterproof. Misleading advertised as such.

Not at all waterproof. Misleading advertised as such. I would never recommend this pant. (maybe as a windbreaker)

This is what I call a disposable item. I used it two…

Fabric: Nylon

This is what I call a disposable item. I used it two times in winter, once for hiking in the Catskills and once for cross-country skiing, and it worked fine. But the third time I tried to use it, water started to seep in through the seams between the legs, where more movement occurs: the inner shell separated from the outer, and riped open at the seams. The outer isn't water tight, so water seeps in.

I sent it to Sierra, and the repair they did is nothing short of outrageous: they covered the original seams with some type of common tape. I wish I could put some photos on this review. The way it was done left some spots open, where sure enough water will come in. And I guess the tape will peel off very soon.

So Sierra Designs did a lousy job two times with this pants. Even if you find it very cheap, don't buy it. It's worth nothing.

UPDATED JULY 3, 2007:
About the quality of these pants, read my previous review. About Sierra's service: after my complaint to them a representative contacted me, asking what they could do. Since I didn't want a new Hurricane, they offered to send, on their expenses, the Cyclone.
I haven't tested it yet, but it looks a bit better built than the Hurricane. As soon as I do, I´ll write a review.

This changed my mind about Sierra's service. I can say they won their client back. It took a while, but was really good.

Out for Testing

The Sierra Designs Hurricane LT Pant is out for testing and review!

Members of Trailspace's Review Corps product-testing program are currently testing the Sierra Designs Hurricane LT Pant. Stay tuned for reviews of this waterproof pant from .

Do you have questions about the Sierra Designs Hurricane LT Pant?
Send them to reviewcorps@trailspace.com and we'll do our best to address them in our upcoming review.