Sierra Designs Mobile Mummy 600 3-Season
Have a question about down? Get answers in the gear selection forum.
Who came first, the chicken or the egg? Was it Sierra…
Source: bought it used
Price Paid: $86 w/shipping as high bid on ebay used a few nights the fabric/tags crisp
Who came first, the chicken or the egg? Was it Sierra Designs or Exped? I dunno, but I like it. It's hard to say though whether it's an overstuffed extra long down vest or a warm roomy cocoon for human transformation, but it cries for transportation anywhere in camp.
- Overstuffed with 600 hydrophobic down!
- You can do all sorts of things with it not easy in a side zip bag
- Silky fabric against the skin
- In too warm weather just unzip and in colder zip up
- Never snags zippers
- Sierra Designs rockin' warranty
- It's a pound heavier than my favored SD Nitro 800/20
- I can't have it all in one bag, so I've got three down bags, two of which are SD's
- It wasn't free, but it was a bargain
For me this design works the best, as I'm up and down numerous times during the night. With a side zip it works fine until it's colder. Then this bag shines, because I can just leave it on and unzip to satisfy the nature call.
I think I figured out the riddle and the answer is it's a roomy long cocoon meant for human transportation. The only ones better are SD's 800 fill lineup. I've got the Nitro 800/20 and it rocks.