Sierra Designs Mobile Mummy 600 3-Season - Men's

Q&A

Have a question about down? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Who came first, the chicken or the egg? Was it Sierra…

Source: bought it used
Price Paid: $86 w/shipping as high bid on ebay used a few nights the fabric/tags crisp

Summary

Who came first, the chicken or the egg? Was it Sierra Designs or Exped? I dunno, but I like it. It's hard to say though whether it's an overstuffed extra long down vest or a warm roomy cocoon for human transformation, but it cries for transportation anywhere in camp.

Pros

• Overstuffed with 600 hydrophobic down!
  • You can do all sorts of things with it not easy in a side zip bag
  • Silky fabric against the skin
  • In too warm weather just unzip and in colder zip up
  • Never snags zippers
  • Sierra Designs rockin' warranty

Cons

• It's a pound heavier than my favored SD Nitro 800/20
  • I can't have it all in one bag, so I've got three down bags, two of which are SD's
  • It wasn't free, but it was a bargain

For me this design works the best, as I'm up and down numerous times during the night. With a side zip it works fine until it's colder. Then this bag shines, because I can just leave it on and unzip to satisfy the nature call.

I think I figured out the riddle and the answer is it's a roomy long cocoon meant for human transportation. The only ones better are SD's 800 fill lineup. I've got the Nitro 800/20 and it rocks.

Sierra Designs Men's Mobile Mummy 600 3-Season

The Sierra Designs Men's Mobile Mummy 600 3-Season is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 9, 2018 at Backcountry.com.

"The more we discuss, the better the gear will get." Meet David, Reviewer of the Month

NEMO Punk 20 Review