I feel compelled to do trail work whenever I am out…

Summary

I feel compelled to do trail work whenever I am out for a hike. If I don't do it, when will be the next time a trail crew gets to it?

Pros

• Small
  • Light
  • Sharp
  • Quick open
  • Throws chips like a chainsaw

Cons

• Its a little pricey, but the speed it cuts through a 6-inch birch tree across the trail is worth every penny.

I needed a handsaw to replace another I had lost. Grabbed this SILKY at a local gear store. So happy with how it performs. It's small yet big.

I do a lot of different types of trail work for mountain bikes, ski glades, hiking trails. It's a must-have in my pack.

Experience

Put it to the test on several types of wood over a long weekend glading with the ANGRY BEAVERS of Black Mountain of Maine. Red pine branches...no problem. Oak...no problem. Sapling...one stroke.. just so handy. I felt like a Ninja of the forest. The fact that it folds up and packs away and is easy in and out of pocket is nice. It's solid when locked. No worries of it binding because of the machined joint that locks the blade.

I will personally attest gratitude for Todd and the entire Angry Beavers group of volunteer trail builders here in Maine!

JWatson

Can you give us any details on size and weight?