Silva Polaris 177

photo: Silva Polaris 177 handheld compass

Price MSRP: $14.99
Historic Range: $4.93-$23.99
Reviewers Paid: $9.50

I actually won this product from on online contest earlier this year. But, I have to say it is a great product. It does just what it claims!

Very easy to use and great for navigation. Just point the base plate to your destination and it's proven to to be very accurate from -40 to 140 F.

I love the scratch resistant acrylic construction, the tungsten steel needle, and the guaranteed accurate for life features.

The only downfall were the instructions. Not very easy to read or understand. For me. The small print was a nightmare.

Still, I'd recommend this product. It's well worth the time and money to invest in.

Price Paid: Free

Very nice product, found more information online on really how to use it using a search on Google "how to use a compass." Walmart in my area has it in the fishing or outdoor section. Not easy to find, but if you are looking for a compass in Walmart you must have a little compass inside yourself! :) ... Works great with a little instruction from the internet. The instructions included are ok, but they didn't work for me. Nice unit for the cost!

Gerald

Price Paid: $9.50 + tax

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter

NativesOutdoors White Shell Mountain Beanie Review

Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Insulated Mat Review

Mountain Equipment Glacier 700 Review

MSR DragonFly Review

Does anyone have plans to build something like this