Slumberjack Big Timber -20°F

Reviewers Paid: $79.00-$89.00
Women's
Price MSRP: $89.99
Historic Range: $46.95-$61.95

Warm, roomy, comfortable and durable.

Pros

• Price
  • Performance

Cons

• Heavy

I can't say enough. I've been using the same Big Timber -20 since 2004 and spent several hundred nights in it. ...3 months in Alaska, 2005, and many horse pack trips high in the Sierra Nevada since.

I tend to be a cold sleeper. The bag never let me down. With a good air mattress I can look forward to toasty warm and restful nights high up in the cold freezing mountains. The bag does require a large commercial washer due to its size. It's been through the wash many times and just starting to show wear. I have a new one in reserve.

It is heavy and bulky, so no backpacking. Two make a good top load on a pack saddle.

Pamela

thanks for the nice review about this product! I will put it on my list for cold weather gear. Should be great for van camping this winter along the beach fronts. I like to do winter fishing and those winds can get mighty cold during the lows at night. Great tip about the need to use a commercial waher too, Thanks!

I bought this bag a couple of years ago to go Elk Hunting in Utah. It gets really cold at 8.000ft - 9000ft and we got snow. I climbed in my bag to try and get warm and after a few minutes I was just fine and I sleep in just my underwear.

I also do a lot of packing in on horseback and it works great for that as well. I would highly recommend it. If you want a big nice warm bag this is your guy.

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter