Smartwool Midweight Bottom

Reviewers Paid: $79.00
Kids'
Price MSRP: $50.00
Historic Range: $27.48-$55.00

SmartWool bottoms keep you toasty but don't itch like most wools. They are durable and machine washable. And they don't retain odor like capeliene material.

Pros

• Warm
  • Not ictchy

Cons

• Tend to stretch after wearing

Love my SmartWool thermals. They keep me toasty warm and are the only wool I can wear that doesn't itch me. They are machine washable and hold up really well. After a few days of wearing they do begin to stretch in certain areas.

They do a much better job at not retaining odor (unlike Patagonia's Capilene material - yuck!).

I am a huge fan of the wool movement, efficient and sustainable. These bottoms keep my comfortable throughout a huge temperature span. I live in northern California and don't encounter freezing temperatures too often. If I'm moving these bottoms keep me cozy from 30-65 degrees. They never seem too hot and I never notice the cold. They go into my sleeping bag with me if it's a bit cool out, very very comfortable. I also notice my legs never feel sweaty.

I work in the outdoor industry and so get a decent discount on most pieces. However I would still pay full price for anything wool because it is just so bomber. The other huge bonus is that 4 days into a trip with constant use I still smell tolerable, where my Capilene would be melting people's faces off.

If you need some warmth for your south these pants are a sound investment. Also if you get 'em from a place with a great return policy, you will never have to worry about them not living up to your expectations.

Fabric: wool