It’s a beautiful warm coat that stands out from…

Summary

It’s a beautiful warm coat that stands out from other parkas. People always comment on how nice the coat is. I have worn it when the temperature was 30 degrees beneath freezing and windy and felt very comfortable in this coat.

It does run large, but I believe the quality and warmth outweigh the bulky size. It’s not my everyday coat, but is my wear when it’s REALLY cold coat! If you are lucky enough to find one you better snatch it up!!

Pros

• Warm, very warm, extremely warm!
  • Wind proof
  • Well made
  • Water resistant
  • Real coyote fur

Cons

• Runs big
  • Heavy
  • Not easy to pack away

Owning this coat makes me want to travel to a colder climate to test its limit, because Philadelphia‘s winter weather is no match for this coat even on its coldest days or night!

Experience

I’ve owned other parkas and even ones that were pretty expensive. I owned a Polo brand parka, a Triple F.A.T. Goose down coat. And never had one warmer than this one!

Welcome to Trailspace, Changa.

Though she has every fur, sheerling, cashmire, on…

Though she has every fur, sheerling, cashmire, on and on, coat known to man, I always end up handing over my Caribou Parka because she is cold. Chivalry is not dead, it is just changed its spelling to SHIVERY.

Everyone has things that they can't help but think to themselves, if I could only have one, this would be it. That is this parka. I lucked out and found mine during a spring sale, in a ski shop, in Mammoth.

I saw the clerk hanging it on the half price rack from across the store. I almost knocked things over getting there. It was already marked down to $130. so I picked it up for $65. To this day it is the all time best deal I have ever found on a brand new flawless product.

after living thru some of the most brutal conditions…

Fill: goose down

after living thru some of the most brutal conditions on the planet i don't leave home without it. the parka by sorel is the best i have worn whether your using layers or stand alone. this jacket performes better than the new or past military models. i have worn this in -80 ambient to 32 degrees and it adjusted well and kept me quit warm over a wide range of dry and wet conditions. as far as wind resistance, it also performed well.

The Caribou Parka has been discontinued.

The Sorel Caribou Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 5, 2017 at Moosejaw.

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win $700 Leatherman Prize