Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan

Price Historic Range: $95.40
Reviewers Paid: $100.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $79.50

Molts more than any other down product I own. I cannot take this off without finding my shirt covered in down. This leads to the question of how much life can I expect from this unit. I would definitely look elsewhere for warmth.

Pros

• Warm

Cons

• Molts like crazy
  • Overly tight cuffs
  • Ugly!

It says a lot when I tell you the $30 down jacket I bought from JC Penny is superior to this product in every way.

A 6-day hike in March 2013 was my first time with a down jacket. I was surprised at how much it "molted." I didn't know if that was normal or not, but every time I took it off, my undershirt was covered in fine feathers. It definitely provided the warmth I was looking for, and I found it to make a great pillow. But it lost significant down with every wear.

I had read that the cuffs were overly tight, and I found that to be true. I had to tug on them a bit to get them to relax in the fit.

This thing is butt ugly (you can see it in the video below). However, I'm a firm believer in function over fashion.

The price is less than many down jackets. Interestingly, I was backpacking with a guy who bought a cheap ($30) JC Penny's down jacket on clearance. I bought one of these after that trip. Although the jacket is a 650-Down and weighed a few ounces more, it is better quality and doesn't molt.

I still use this down cardigan on trips (because I own it), but I don't think this item will be on the market for a long time. If you can pick it up cheap on clearance, then you might want to consider buying it. I wouldn't recommend paying $100 for it. As it is, I will be very hesitant to purchase another Stoic product.

FORLOH Deep Space Half Zip Long Sleeve Top Review