Sunski Dipseas

photo: Sunski Dipseas sport sunglass

Price Current Retail: $58.00
Historic Range: $57.95-$58.00
Reviewers Paid: $55.00

Okay, if you're stubborn. These sunglasses compromise functionality for style—better for light use, not good as sport eyewear. Get ready to take advantage of the Sunski lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Durable frame

Cons

• Finish on lens comes off with use
  • Polarization wears off
  • Diffictult to see through with wear

These glasses might be okay for driving or a light day hike, but if you're backpacking, biking, or climbing I'd leave them home.

Pros in more detail: You'll look cool. They stay in place on your face. They don't fog up (ventilation isn't an issue). The frame stands up to many drops and bumps. They work well with Chums glasses straps.

Cons in more detail: The polarized coating on the lenses peels and scrapes off after use, which is not at all what you're looking for at $55. The scrapping/peeling also makes it hard to see through the glasses. I searched other reviews of these glasses (the Dipsea model) and the wear is a common/consistent issue.

I was stubborn and determined to get my money's worth out of them, so I used them for a while. I would not buy this brand again, and I would not recommend to a friend. Would I use them if someone gave me a pair for free? Sure, if I wasn't going above 9,000 feet. They are fine until the lens issue begins.

They sell replacement lenses on the Sunski website, but I wouldn't bother if you're going for functionality.

You can see the large area of lens distortion:

IMG-8166.jpg
Too cool for school and not protecting your eyes:

IMG-6493.jpg

g00se

Thanks for the review, Christine. Looking stylish!

Thanks for the review, Christine. I've wondered how these sunglasses hold up.