Taiga Ninja-Plus HyperQuilt N10 Plus

Fill Weight 350 g 375 g
Fits up to 5' 8" 6' 3"
Comfort limit 1°C
Material Waterproof/breathable DryShell outer fabric
Insulation 850+ fill. power Ultimate European goose down, RDS-certified (Responsible Down Standard)

A lightweight, three-season quilt that promises warmth and great compaction. Shipping was fast and the product exactly as advertised

Pros

• Light weight
  • Reasonable price
  • Good construction
  • Sleeping pad straps included
  • Great compaction
  • Available without a wait

Cons

• No choice of color

I was looking for a quilt that would pack small enough to fit my bicycle panniers and provide three-season warmth. Most quilts found online were quite expensive and involved a number of months wait for delivery. Taiga Works advertised their Ninja Plus HyperQuilt as being made in Canada and available right away. Better still the price was $100 less than the comparable quilts I had found.

P3092128-copy.jpg

P3092129.jpg

I can't speak to how warm it will be as I have not had the chance to test it under actual camping conditions, however the filling is 850p down and it lofts nicely when removed from the stuff bag. The size is perfect for my 5'-8" body and the footbox has snaps and drawstrings to create a draft-proof, warm home for my toes.

P3092129.jpg

The upper end is nicely notched for my head and has a drawstring for when cocooning is required. There are two sleeping pad straps to hold it in position on my pad throughout the night. These easily detach to allow the quilt to be used as a top blanket and to make getting underneath quite easy.

P3092139.jpg

P3092140.jpg

P3092141.jpg

Snap, stitching, and drawstrings appear to be of good quality and durable. The covering and liner are Dryshell nylon and moisture resistant. The quilt weighs in at 1 pound 5 ounces and compresses down to smaller than a volleyball.

Experience

Many, many days and nights backpacking, bikepacking, and sleeping in tents. This is a new purchase and I will amend my review when I have used it a few times.

Price Paid: $260 Canadian plus tax and shipping, $325 total

Thanks for the product recommendation, Bob! We'll look forward to hearing how the quilt works out for you this year. Good luck!

1 month ago

Thanks for sharing some product pictures of this quilt, Bob.

1 month ago