Tecnica Pike

rated 4.0 of 5 stars

The Pike has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best backpacking boots for 2022.

Price Reviewers Paid: $175.00

Needed a boot that provided better ankle support and a thicker, less flexible sole for very rough trails (lots of rocks, lots of water, and lots of up-and-down). The Kevlar impregnation of the Pike makes them quite watertight thus far. Lacing (D-rings) is very secure. Tongue fits comfortably. Good to very good boot flexibility in the ankle despite great ankle support. The additional thickness in the sole is important to me because I hike in very rocky areas so I'm always jumping from rock to rock. I had a pair of Vasques that were quite good for even trails, but my feet were getting beat to hell on rough trails. Looks like the Technica's solve that, while being quite comfortable. Very good fit for heel. Comfortable toe box. Think I might put some padded sole inserts inside. I recommend them if you have an American shaped foot. By the way, Technica has a web site at TECNICAUSA.COM.

Materials: Synthetic: Kevlar embedded uppers