Teton Sports Mountain Adventurer 4000

A fantastic pack for a great price! This pack is designed…

Price Paid: $178.16 CAD

Summary

A fantastic pack for a great price!

This pack is designed for Ultra Light backpacking. It weighs only 4lbs.

I would definitely recommend this pack for those who are heading out for a few days, and want to keep the weight of their gear, including pack, to a minimum.

Pros

• Well designed
  • Light weight
  • Looks good
  • Easy access to main pouch from top, front or side.
  • Includes a free tarp/poncho
  • Very comfortable
  • Durable zippers and materials
  • Lifetime warranty

Cons

• Sleeping bag compartment is a little small
  • Outside straps could be a bit longer for larger items

TetonSportsMA4000_stock.jpg
I'm very impressed with this pack and I love using it.

This is one of Teton Sports' newest packs, part of their Black-Out Line. It is a really smart-looking piece of gear, that I am happy to take on the trail.

It's a modern, innovative, well designed and lightweight backpack made with extremely durable material and strong zippers. It's comfortable for short and long trips and fits me very well as a stocky shorter man. There is easy access to the interior from either the back, top or side. It has enough straps and length of webbing to allow attachment of larger gear, like snowshoes, ice picks, or snow shovels, to the outside.

TetonSportsMA4000.jpg

The neoprene gear pouches are quite handy and would be great for those needing to pack climbing rope. The included poncho is a great idea, and can even be used as emergency shelter or to keep you and your pack dry in bad weather.

TetonSports_MA4000_poncho.jpg

This pack is hydration-system compatible with a division for up to a 3 litre hydration bag, and a pass-thru for your tube. I was able to load this pack up with all my gear, some of it UL, and some of it not-so-UL, for a 4-day early spring hike, and I still had room to spare. There are elastic side pouches for water bottles etc.

The only issues I had with this pack were related to the sleeping bag compartment; it's designed for lightweight bags, and it's a little too small for my normal 4lb bag, without some form of compression. Also some of the outside straps could be a little longer or perhaps extension straps could be included or an accessory add-on. I had to work a little to get my snowshoes to fit in a secure manner, but at the longest length, the straps were just OK for this job.

For the money, it's a great value, and I'm quite happy with this purchase. I recommend the Teton Sports Mountain Adventurer 4000 for anyone taking a few days and heading off into the great unknown.

Welcome to Trailspace, Stephen!

Stephen Hawtree

Thanks Alicia! I'm happy to be here!

Excellent! I hope you'll share some more reviews of your gear with us too.

G00SE

Nice review. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm a beginner, just starting to get into hiking.

Summary

I'm a beginner, just starting to get into hiking.

Pros

• Love the seperate compartment for sleeping bag at the bottom
  • Comes with a rain cover

Cons

• The material feels a little stiff but i am sure after time it will soften up.

So far I am very happy with my Teton backpack. The price was right for a first time hiker and the fit was perfect for someone just getting started with a new hobby. I was able to fit in a weeks' worth of gear with no problems and the straps and padding were comfy.

No back problems, chaffing or anything. Can't beat the price!

Welcome to Trailspace, Chris!