Pack Weight 2.9 lb
Temp Rating 20°F

Men need more shoulder width. This is a well engineered…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Men need more shoulder width.

Pros

• 75D Diamond Ripstop shell
  • 2.9lbs for backpacking
  • 6"x11" Oxford stuffed not compressed
  • +20F
  • Zipper draft tubes
  • Adjustable mummy hood
  • Hanging loops

Cons

• 87"x32"x22" the 32" width is too small
  • No shoulder draft tubes

This is a well engineered bag! It's comfy with plenty of room at the head and foot box.

However, its width of 32 inches is too small for amMan 5'10"+. I couldn't relax having such a confinement at my chest and shoulders, making me feel that I was putting too much stress on the bag.

While in 30 Degree F. temps, the bag performed well. I was warm and not overheated, but my feet were chilled. Doubling my socks remedied this dilemma.

I would highly recommend the Trailhead +20, although, I was unable to test its minimum temperature rating. However, it was a solid performer in this moderate temperature.

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, dsdovi. Thanks for the review.

Welcome to Trailspace, dsdovi. I hope you'll keep us posted on how the Trailhead continues to work out for you.

Very comfortable and warm material. Good bag for the…

Summary

Very comfortable and warm material. Good bag for the price. A bit snug around the shoulders. Lightweight and well built. Fits well in my backpack compartment. It's also a bit too long for me (5'8").

Pros

• Soft comfortable material
  • Keeps you warm at night above 35 degrees
  • Built well, no zipper problems
  • Great bag for the price

Cons

• Snug around the shoulders
  • Longer then needed.

I have used this tent twice this spring/summer already since I purchased it. The first time was in the spring around Mother's Day and I was comfortable the first night when the temps were above 35 degrees. The second night it dropped down under and I found myself a bit chilled, not too bad, but just enough to be uncomfortable.

The second trip was late June and the temps were around 50 to 60 at night and the first night I slept comfortably on top of the bag in my PJ's.! Trying to get the bag zipped up while you're in it is a challenge. It's the first time I have had a mummy bag and it's a struggle to zip your self in with your left hand as it fits snug around the shoulder.

It fits pretty easily into its stuff sack and in the bag compartment of my backpack. The material is soft and comfortable. Overall I like it and would buy it again. Great bag for the price!

Thanks for the review, Chris! I hope you'll keep us posted on how your bag continues to work out for you.