First off, these are EXTREMELY comfortable after-shoes.

Materials: leather, soft shell, fleece lining
Use: after-shoes, casual
Break-in Period: none
Weight: light!

First off, these are EXTREMELY comfortable after-shoes. They served my feet well during this pictured trip. I bought my first pair on sale at Teva's site (non-suede, all soft shell) and then two more pair (suede) later at Ross (different colors). I DWR'd all three pair, and wear them everywhere with little pestering from light rain and snow. My kids both have pairs and so does my wife. The most comfortable shoes we own. They are also the stickiest soled shoes I've walked in. The soles stick to surfaces like hot tires on an F1 car.

Why the 3.5 star rating then? There must have been a problem with manufacturing, as every pair our family owns has had delamination of the spider rubber sole from the midsole. I have easily repaired every shoe with the appropriate glue, but I understand why these were on clearance. They are also unusual in style, although I've received plenty of compliments on them. Without the sole problems, these shoes are 5+ stars.

The Teva Mountain Scuff Suede is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review