Bought 2 pair for trail racing 3 years ago. I've worn…

Materials: Synthetic
Use: Trail Racing Only
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 10 oz

Bought 2 pair for trail racing 3 years ago. I've worn them out at Xterra Tri's as well. They are super light and responsive on trail, yet fairly supportive and stable. I also never experienced poke-through (the soles) with rocks like I do my North Face trainers (retired and replaced).

There is plenty of room in the toe box, a Teva hallmark, but the heel is tightly locked in. The shoes drain and dry quickly, making it a great amphibious racer as well. The soles are STICKY, not just grippy. The trade-off is that they wear out very quickly, not uncommon in a race shoe. Even after being worn out I keep them for loafing around because they're so comfortable.

The X-1 Racer has been discontinued.

The Teva X-1 Racer is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 10, 2010 at GearX.com.

Hyke & Byke Zion 2P Review