Well I got this jacket in a warranty replacement for…

Price Paid: warranty

Well I got this jacket in a warranty replacement for the Apex Hooded Infusion Jacket because the infusion material began to peel off after a year. It was a GREAT jacket, except for the infusion around the hem of the jacket. I think I just got one bad lemon. The North Face quickly sent me a new jacket to replace it.

Anyways, I got the the Valkryie Jacket for warranty because they stopped making the other and it is a little heavier, but more versatle. It breathes better because it is not waterproof like the other Apex jacket (Apex Weatherblock). Keep in mind there are three types of Apex fabric--Apex areobic is the most breathable and lightest, Apex Universal is a more all around fabric and it's what Valkryie is, and Apex Weather block which is the Apex fabric with a laminated waterproof layer, basically waterproof expecpt for the seams.

So with the Valkryie I can wear the jacket alot longer before I begin to overheat. Longer than with Gore Windstopper jackets I have had in the past. I have had it in light rains and I haven't got wet. The fabric is very snag resistant in thorny brush, and it is ok warm when you're are just standing around, but I didn't buy it to wear to ball games. The hood is nice in the wind and snow.

So if you are looking for a jacket that has good protection from all kinds of weather and don't want to get overheated if you walk up a hill, then this is a very good option.

The Apex Valkyrie Jacket has been discontinued.

The North Face Apex Valkyrie Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 24, 2009 at Altrec Outdoors.

Six Moon Designs Silver Shadow Review