I have used this parka in New York's Adirondack mountains…

Fabric: Ripstop with heavier nylon in high wear areas
Fill: polarguard 3D
Price Paid: I paid $190 in Rochester NY (TENT CITY)

I have used this parka in New York's Adirondack mountains (where it gets very cold in the winter) and on a one week summit climb of Mt. Rainier, Washington. This is one coat I have nothing but praise for. This thing is awesomely warm. It's a little big in the pack, but if you are going somewhere where you will be standing around in the cold, this is the coat! I bought it to fit over everything, it has a great hood that is the warmest and best fitting I have tried, it even fits easilly over a helmet.

This coat also works great when wet or damp. You could go swimming in this thing and it would still keep you warm. I know this sounds overboard but I let my friends try mine on a 2/99 winter camping trip to Gothics in the Adirondacks and they was impressed, especially when compared to their Nuptse or Sierra Designs down "sweaters".

The Arctic Patrol Parka has been discontinued.

The North Face Arctic Patrol Parka is not available from the stores we monitor.

Six Moon Designs Minimalist Review