The North Face Chilkat II Pull-On - Women's

rated 0.5 of 5 stars (1)

The Women's Chilkat II Pull-On has been discontinued. It was replaced by The North Face Chilkat III Pull-On.

photo: The North Face Women's Chilkat II Pull-On winter boot

Price Reviewers Paid: $150.00

Ditto-Ditto-Ditto to everyone else's review that these failed catastrophically for no reason. What is our recourse for such a terrible product?

Pros

• Warm
  • Slip resistant
  • Easy on/off with side zipper

Cons

• Rubber completely fell apart in chunks.

I have the pull-on Chilkat style, now discontinued I think. I bought three different pairs of North Face boots in various styles all in one shopping splurge a few years ago to cover all my hiking and snow walking needs. And a NF full length down winter coat too! I'm talking over $600 of NF gear.

Just yesterday, catastrophic failure of the rubber on my Chilkats. Stored in their box in a carpeted bedroom closet. Last year they were fine; first time putting them on this winter and they failed before I left the house. Wore them only a handful of times only when the snow was deep enough, because I have my other two pairs of NF lace-up hiking/snow/waterproof boots to choose from.

Always, always, always have kept all my boots inside, usually in original shoe box. Tread and suede and "fur" look brand new.  Lifetime guarantee? Right, except when you need it. I want my money back.

7E646674-6597-446B-81F4-2DDE60D50BDB.jpg
808B4B75-1E01-4258-80D5-4C876FBAE046_1_201_a.jpg
F0023328-E1A5-445E-972A-6E1C132864EC_1_201_a.jpg
9973F59F-F532-4093-9E68-F97DB129A038_1_201_a.jpg
23D0C92D-9AD9-4E48-AF6F-6E4C85D2CC02_1_201_a.jpg

Experience

Absolutely worse pair of my three pairs of NF boots.

Bummer about your TNF boots failing on you, CJ2. As you can see, you're not alone with the Chilkats. I hope you find another pair that serves you well. Good luck! https://www.trailspace.com/gear/winter-boots/