The North Face Cobra 52

Historic Range: $142.97-$219.95
Average Weight 3 lbs 7 oz / 1559 g 3 lbs 9 oz / 1625 g
Stripped Weight 2 lbs 1 oz / 936 g 2 lbs 3 oz / 992 g
Volume 3051 cu in / 50 L 3173 cu in / 52 L

Lightweight, bombproof, and well thought out. A keeper for my uses in winter and summer as well.

Pros

• Excellent fabric choices in all the right necessary places throughout the pack.
  • The pack follows your body effortlessly, thus making it ideal for ascending and descending slowly or as fast as you desire.

Cons

• None thus far...

20200515_173031.jpg
Been through a few nice ski/board packs. All were beautiful for winter sports. The Cobra is all that and then some. Very light comparatively. Has all the bells and whistles I find necessary without the weight.

I was amazed at how it hugged my body while descending some steep trails in the thick of winter. That incorporated┬ádesign impressed me greatly. I wasn't psyched with the bright red color, but then remembered about hiking during hunting season. I'm OK with it....­čśů

Shoulder and waist belt are perfect, zippers are as well. I'm just impressed with materials, feature placement, and design. TNF's experience shows in this ski pack!!

Experience

Numerous hikes in four seasons.

Thanks for the review, Kato. Do you have any pictures of your Cobra you could share in your review?

Kato Baker

I will take some better photos here on in....­čĄŚ

Thanks, Kato! Out of curiosity, where was that picture taken?

Kato Baker

It was taken on a tiny hill called Rattlesnake mountain in willsboro, ny...