Regular Long
Foot Circumference 65 in / 165 cm 65 in / 165 cm
Stuffsack Size 8 in x 17 in / 20 cm x 43 cm 8 in x 17 in / 20 cm x 43 cm
Fabric 100% Polyester Enduralite 100% Polyester Enduralite
Price $89.00 USD $99.00 USD

Stuff sack not even close to fitting. Somebody from…

Stuff sack not even close to fitting. Somebody from North Face should have actually tried out before selling. And I can see a future problem with zipper.

I'd give it 4.5/5 stars. This seems to me a true 20-degree…

Design: Mummy Hybrid (Semi-Rectang) Long
Fill: H.O.T. SL Hollowfill
Temperature Rating: 20F
Weight: 3 lbs, 11 oz, 8x17 stuffsack
Price Paid: About $80

I'd give it 4.5/5 stars. This seems to me a true 20-degree bag. I have the men's mummy version. It is plenty warm in the cold; in fact, I usually need to unzip the bottom to vent my feet a bit, and I'm not a warm sleeper. I've slept to about 35 degrees and have been extremely comfortable.

I held back on the 5th star because the head area could be better designed (alas, you can't have it ALL for only $80!); I find myself trying to wrap the top around my head in the cold morning when I should be able to simply pull a built-in hood over my head. The fix for that is to simply wear a hat.

Inside liner is nylon and in slightly warmer temps (50s) can be a little sticky vs. a polyester "cotton-like" blend. But that's when you conveniently unzip the footbox. And the Dolomite dries quickly if wet. Shoulder room is not bad; I wear a 42" jacket. Zipper action is just "okay," but, again, this bag is still a GREAT value for the money. I'd probably buy it again.

This is a modern rectangular sleeping bag, with the…

Summary

This is a modern rectangular sleeping bag, with the feel of high tech, but reminds me of sleeping bags I used when I was a kid. I love it—very warm! When I’m too hot I open it up and use it as a blanket. I also like the neat quarter bag zip on the opposite side; I never feel confined in it. This will certainly be my only sleeping bag for three seasons.

Pros

• Comfort, and not confining
  • Warmth
  • Great look and feel
  • Not too heavy, especially for canoe camping

Cons

• A bit heavy for a long backpacking trip

I spent a week on a canoe camping trip with this sleeping bag. It is very comfortable—I slept like a baby. It also filled me with nostalgia for times gone by; it's very like sleeping bags I used as a kid. Only, very modern and warm. And I love that it can open up as a blanket when necessary.

Great sleeping bag.

Welcome to Trailspace, Danny!

Danny Garnon

Thabks!

Danny Garnon

And “thanks” too!

I am a beefy guy, 181cm and around 110kg. I am a truck…

Design: semi-rectangular
Fill: H.O.T.™ SL Fill
Temperature Rating: 20°F/-7°C
Weight: 3 lbs 14 oz (1770 g)
Price Paid: 109.99 CAD

I am a beefy guy, 181cm and around 110kg. I am a truck driver (Volvo VN 670). I changed my Ozark sleeping bag (-4° C) from Walmart.

The North Face forgot to write : extrem: -7° C , comfort: +11° C , limit: +7° C. You can sleep with your boxers, t-shirt and socks to +9° C, but you must dress your jeans and fleece jacket to +4° C. I have not had a chance to test this bag at -7° C yet.

The bag is surprisingly durable. I toss and turn during sleep. Not too roomy. Silky polyester taffeta shell and liner fabric feel smooth and comfortable.
Full-length overstuffed draft tube helps retain body heat by insulating the zipper.

Easy to pack, it compresses very well, it comes with a compression carrying bag.

Awesome heatshield optimal technology™ (H.O.T. SL) synthetic insulation allows for extremely air flow venting. No condensation at all.

I bought yam orange lng rht Dolomite at La Boutique The North Face in Montreal, Canada for 109.99 CAD + tax. For my daughter I bought red-blue black lng rht Dolomite. It's strange! I cannot find on www.thenorthface.com this variant.

On www.altitude-sports.com The North Face Dolomite has temp rating : 40°F/+4°C.