The North Face Dolomite Double Down 20F/-7C

rated 5.0 of 5 stars (1)
photo: The North Face Dolomite Double Down 20F/-7C 3-season down sleeping bag

Price Historic Range: $179.95-$279.95

Roominess, warmth, possibility for snuggling.

Pros

• Roominess
  • Weight
  • Material used around the head area "grabs" your pillow.

Cons

• Zipper is a bit hungry—keeping fabric out of the teeth requires a conscious effort every time.

Late May Algonquin Park trip. It was my wife's idea to change it up from individual bags to one, double bag. I was skeptical. May in the park can see overnight temps close to freezing and I always associated double bags with fair-weather, car campers.

I was wrong. Quite wrong. Not only did this bag keep us both warm, it offered more flexibility in sleeping position and actually lowered the overall weight/bulk of our pack (canoe camping).

Experience

This was our first trip with the bag. Up until now, I'd been using a North Face Cat's Meow and my wife a Sierra Design Kit Carson—both synthetic filled bags rated to -7°C. We stayed warmer in the Dolomite Double Down while in similar conditions.

Price Paid: 369.99 CDN

Glad you kept warm, scratchypants! Thanks for the review.