I bought this jacket for morning runs during the colder…

I bought this jacket for morning runs during the colder parts of the year and I couldn't be more satisfied. It breathes well and the DWR finish keeps out mild precip, but it won't keep you dry in a downpour. The thumb loops are an added bonus that I didn't think would matter, but they really help when I'm using this jacket as a layer. The Everest Jacket also looks good just wearing around town as well. I like this jacket so much, I'll probably buy the 1/4 zip version of it as well. Here is a summary of the pros and cons for this jacket:

PROS:
-Breathes well for running, biking, etc.
-Blocks a fair amount of wind
-DWR finish works well in mild precip
-Thump loops
-The chest pocket is perfect for energy gels or a place to put sunglasses after they get too fogged up or sweaty on long runs.
-Reflective piping on the sleeves and a reflective TNF logo on the chest make you visible in low light conditions.

CONS:
-Sleeves run a bit long. I bumped down from an XL to L to account for this.
-This jacket is not meant to keep you warm while sitting around outside. It's basically a long sleeve shirt with a DWR finish and pockets.

As a final note, I have wrecked my mountain bike on singletrack while wearing this jacket and logged many miles running, but it still looks brand new.

The Everest Jacket has been discontinued.

The North Face Everest Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

Six Moon Designs Silver Shadow Review