photo: The North Face Meso 2 three-season tent

The distinctive semi-circle shape, three-pole design, and high-low venting set the Meso 2 apart from the rest of the field of two-person, three-season tents. The 40-denier nylon canopy with no-see-um mesh helps air circulation, and 70-denier nylon floor with water-resistant polyurethane coating protects you and your gear from mud and moisture. The color-coded DAC Featherlite NSL poles and clip-pitch technology provide a solid frame in just minutes. A side entrance and vestibule provide a covered entrance and extra storage space. A second side door keeps your guest from crawling over your area. The fly can be pitched separately in the event of a sudden downpour, or just pack the fly and poles only for an ultralight setup. Compatible gear loft and footprint (Sold separately).

Features:

• Two separate entrances for privacy
  • Large vestibule for stowing boots, backpacks, soaked clothes
  • Easy to assemble, color-coded pole clip pitch
  • High-low venting for temperature
  • Polyurethane port on rainfly
  • Storage pockets, hanging loops for lantern and gear loft
  • Fully taped, nylon bucket floor to prevent soggy bottom
  • DAC Featherlite NSL stakes

Floor Area sq ft / 2.8 sq m
Vestibules 1
Vestibule Area 9.7 sq ft / 0.9 sq m
Peak Height 36 in / 91 cm

Very disappointed with my North Face Meso 2. I paid…

Price Paid: R2500

Summary

Very disappointed with my North Face Meso 2. I paid the extra for a North Face tent as I thought paying the extra money was worth the quality I would get from the North Face. I was totally wrong, the tent has literally been used twice camping by a lake and the attachments on the fly sheet have come away.

Like the other review on here, I bought mine in Cape Town, South Africa, through Duesouth, but don't know where to turn to have this design/build issue addressed.

Pros

• Pretty decent weight, not too heavy
  • Easy to fit in a pack

Cons

• Shocking quality on the fly sheet attachments

Experience

Poor experience due to build/material/design flaws.

Too bad about your tent, Michael. For customer service, I'd start with the company from which you bought the tent. Maybe they can offer you a refund, replacement, or repair. I'm sure you've been trying to contact TNF directly. I can't find any customer service contact info for them beyond the US and Canada, which is unfortunate: https://www.thenorthface.com/help.html Here is the warranty info, in case it helps you get better service: https://www.thenorthface.com/help/warranty.html Good luck!

Michael Robb

Thanks very much Alicia, appreciate it! I'm going to get on that straight away.

Good luck, Michael! I hope it works out.

I bought this tent for cycling and hiking trips. Used…

Price Paid: R2400

Summary

I bought this tent for cycling and hiking trips. Used it four times and it is coming apart. The mechanism on the flying sheet, to attach it to tent, just falls off.

Pros

• Light travel
  • Perfect for two people hiking or cycling

Cons

• Bad quality
  • Does not take wind very well

Setup: Easy simple and quick

Stability: Not stable in wind

Weather Resistance: Have not used it in the rain. But did not have moisture problems the four times I used it.

Ventilation: Good

Room and Storage: Considering its light weight and reason I purchased it is small but perfect.

Packability: Good

Ease of Use: Easy

Features: Flying sheets attachments is falling off

Construction and Durability: No, is falling apart after using it four times.

Conditions: Used it two nights for camping. One night hiking (mountain). One night hiking along the sea.

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, Elizabeth. Sorry about the tent. TNF really seems to be a company in decline based on the multitude of negative reviews we see here. Have you tried to contact customer service about a replacement or refund? Their customer service line is (888) 863-1968. Good luck!

elizabeth rossouw

Thank you. Problem is I am from South Africa. So busy working through the shop I purchased it from.

Welcome to Trailspace, Elizabeth! Good luck with customer service for your TNF tent. I hope you'll keep us posted on how it works out.

Not a bad buy, but this tent is more suitable to cold…

Summary

Not a bad buy, but this tent is more suitable to cold conditions where you want to snuggle up in your sleeping bag.

Pros

• Solid construction
  • Large door
  • Light

Cons

• Poor ventilation

I live in a warm weather country (Israel) and haven't had a chance to use this tent in the rain. It is made of high quality materials and feels like a sturdy tent. However, it has serious ventilation problems and if the weather isn't cold enough, the interior gets really hot, even at night.

Plus, I am a big person (6'4", 242 lbs) and even though this tent is designed for two persons, I feel a bit claustrophobic in it, and don't have enough room to lay comfortably.

It wasn't a bad buy, but this tent is more suitable to cold conditions where you want to snuggle up in your sleeping bag.

The Meso 2 has been discontinued.

The North Face Meso 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 31, 2014 at OMCgear.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review