The North Face Modulus Jacket
The Modulus Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof jackets for 2024.
When the North Face Modulus Jacket performs as it should it's excellent and deserves a 5 star rating. It's very light, and it's possible to stand under a shower without getting wet.
However I have the following complaint:
1. In October 2007 I purchased a black North Face Modulus Jacket for $499 at a North Face store. The material is Gore Tex Pro Shell, their most advanced technical material.
2. During the next few months glue from the seams or from between the Gore Tex layers started to leak resulting in yellow stains on the inside of the jacket, which is unacceptable in a high quality jacket.
3. Since the jacket is manufactured in China I suspect low quality materials being used, lack of quality control or problems with the Gore Tex material.
4.In June I shipped the jacket to the North Face warranty and Consumer services department for warranty repair.
5. In July the service department informed me that they would issue a North Face store gift certificate as a replacement for the jacket, since it couldn’t be repaired.
6. However, since I need a lightweight high quality Gore Tex jacket, and since I'm not interested in buying the same jacket unless they fixed the leaking glue problem, and since I have no need for a North Face tent, or other North Face accessories, the gift certificate is useless.
7. I feel like I wasted or lost or was cheated out of $499.
8. I sent an email to North Face asking for a cash refund. Hopefully they will find a good solution.
Fabric: Gore Tex Pro Shell
Price Paid: $499
one word describes this jacket holyyyyyyyyyy molyyyyyyyyyy. I have actually stood outside in a hurricane wearing this jacket and even had my palm treo in the inside pocket and stayed so dry it was amazing.
the jacket has large pit zips 2 cool u off when things get stuffy. the hood fits over a helmet and the jacket itself is cut just large enough u can wear it over another jacket (storm or denali) and still be very very warm. this jacket will last u 20 yrs and will probally b the last hard shell I ever buy.
the green is a nice color and goes with jeans and khakis. this jacket is well worth the money. if I didn't think this would last 4 many yrs 2 come I would've bought 2 of em.
Price Paid: $499
You May Like
Historic Range: $199.96-$499.00
Reviewers Paid: $499.00
Historic Range: $199.96-$498.95