The North Face Nuptse Fur III

The Nuptse Fur III has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best winter boots for 2021.

photo: The North Face Nuptse Fur III winter boot

Price Historic Range: $59.95-$120.00
Reviewers Paid: $108.00

There were not a lot of reviews on these boots and the ones I did find said that they ran a half size big. I normally wear a 6.5, so I ordered a size 6 and they were too small. My foot fit in it, but my toes were at the very end with not a millimeter to spare.

As much as I paid for them, I didn't want to take the chance that they would stretch over time, so I sent them back and ordered a 6.5. They fit, but they do feel a little loose, so don't expect a lot of foot and arch support. Even so, they are very comfortable and warm and I prefer the loose feel over the tight fit, as it leaves room for thick socks. They are even comfortable enough to wear around the house.

When I wore them outside in the snow, I slipped a little when trying to pull my daughter around the yard on a sled (compared to no slipping with work-style boots). We just have slight inclines in our yard, so the traction control left a little to be desired, but they kept my feet dry and overall I love the comfort and warmth that they provide.

Use: casual wear in cold weather and snow

Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Activewear worth $660