Old and still chugging. Have spent a lot of time in…

Summary

Old and still chugging.

Pros

• Solid
  • Warm

Cons

• Weight

Have spent a lot of time in this tent, just took it out after 10 years at least for a weekend of winter camping in central New York. Was just as perfect and warm as ever!! If only it was half the weight. Pack weight is about 7 pounds.

This tent has also endured some cool nights in the Rockies. Plenty of room for storage and people.
IMG_20190323_091105.jpg

Experience

camping, winter camping

Welcome to Trailspace, Jason. Glad to hear your TNF tent is still performing. Do you have any pictures of it to include in your review? Thanks!

Thanks for the picture!

I believe this particular model has already been discontinued…

Design: convertible , dome
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 6 lb. 14oz.,

I believe this particular model has already been discontinued by TNF (1999, what a suprise). An easy to set up (3 equal sized poles), tough little tent with two doors and two roomy vestibules.

I'll emphasize the "little" size. The manufacturer's specs give the tent 35 sq ft. of floor space. I calculate it to be more like 25. This is barely enough room for me and my partner to sleep (and we ain't big folks). You really need to pull out the corners in staking to get the full size.

I did appreciate its stability in strong winds (50 knots plus) and some serious hailstorms in Montana. Also doors on both sides are a wonderful convenience. Add the features of a truly convertible tent, which vents quite well, and you could have a winner. But, the size just doesn't work. There's more room for your gear than yourself.

This tent is the best tent I have ever owned. I have…

Design: 4 season backpacking dome tent
Ease of Setup: Really easy
Weight: 7 pounds (around)

This tent is the best tent I have ever owned. I have gone on numerous backpacking trips to the Sierras with this tent under heavy snow, wind, and rain and never experienced any problems. I love this tent and it is the best!!!

The Polaris has been discontinued.

The North Face Polaris is not available from the stores we monitor.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review