I had wanted a windshell for a while. However, I saw…

I had wanted a windshell for a while. However, I saw this jacket at REI on sale and it seemed to offer most of what a windshell would. It's incredibly light, some amount of water and wind protection, and so I thought I'd give it a try.

I wore it on a 3-day backcountry trip with temperatures from the 40s to the 80s. Anytime we were hiking I generally just wore my drifit T-shirt. I did wear it one day when we went through a pass and we were hidden from the sun. I found the jacket was great at moving/wicking sweat away from my body.

At night near the fire it was all I needed two of the nights to keep warm and on the coldest night a light 100 weight fleece underneath and I was very warm.

All in all it weighs in at 9 ounces which is maybe an extra 3 ounces over a windshirt. Though I think it has a great feel to it, the cut is also great (I'm fairly trim and North Face stuff generally fits me well), and it is very versatile.

The Prolix Delta Jacket has been discontinued.

The North Face Prolix Delta Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 18, 2010 at Teton Village Sports.

Keen Targhee Vent Mid Review