The North Face Propel

The Propel has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2010 product line. If you're looking for something new, check out the best warm weather synthetic sleeping bags for 2021.

photo: The North Face Propel warm weather synthetic sleeping bag

Max User Height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder Girth 60 in / 152 cm 62 in / 157 cm
Hip Girth 58 in / 147 cm 60 in / 152 cm
Foot Girth 38 in / 97 cm 38 in / 97 cm

I began looking for a small, lightweight bag because I was tired of taking my bag rated for 30F and sweating all night long in the summer. My search eventually lead me to the North Face Propel.

Right away I noticed how small it packed and how light it was. As I began to look closer the quality of construction stuck out along with the materials used. Based on what I saw, and the price, I purchased the bag.

My first time sleeping in it I was positive that I was going to be cold (I used it for the first time at the end of May in Northern Minnesota.) I thought for sure that I had made a mistake in taking this bag instead of my 30F. It felt thin and way to light to keep me warm. As I crawled in I noticed how it held in the right amount of heat, if I was Goldie Locks this would be the baby bear's sleeping bag, if you know what I mean.

I woke up the next morning refreshed and still in my bag, whereas with my 30F I would often wake up half way out because I was too hot. All I can say is this is a quality product that you can buy without thinking twice.

FORLOH Deep Space Half Zip Long Sleeve Top Review