Timberland Britton Hill Plain-Toe Waterproof Boots

photo: Timberland Britton Hill Plain-Toe Waterproof Boots hiking boot

Price MSRP: $200.00

Very stylish waterproof boot. Excellent traction on snow and ice.

Pros

• Great looking
  • Waterproof
  • Grippy soles

Cons

• Stiff uppers when new

Timberland's Britton Hill Plain-Toe boot is just plain good looking. I have received more compliments on these boots than I can count. This 6-inch high waterproof leather boot features a waterproof membrane made of 50% PET (recycled plastic bottles) in addition to the waterproof leather uppers and full seam sealing.
IMG_20170323_142511684_HDR_1.jpg
IMG_7206.jpgBreathability is enhanced with a 100% recycled plastic mesh lining.
The Britton Hill boot comes with Timberland's SensorFlex comfort insole. Three layers of foam provide comfort and stabilization with every step.
IMG_7256_1.jpg
Hexagonal cones support the insole to reduce fatigue during long periods of standing and offer shock absorbing during movement.
IMG_7258_1.jpg
I received a pair of the Britton Hill boots in January and started testing them immediately. A size 9 medium width fit my feet perfectly and the boots were true to size. The cordovan brown color was stunning, they are also available in black.

The height of the boots made them a bit hard to get on when new. The combination of the stiff uppers and all those laces mean you have to unlace the boot a couple of inches in order to put them on. Once on, the uppers and tongue were pretty stiff. To offset this I didn't initially lace up the top three eyelets. This provided enough space that I could walk comfortably.

After a week or so of use, the tongue and uppers began to break-in and the boot tops became much more comfortable. The more I wear them the better they feel.

These boots immediately became my winter boots. The waterproofing has worked perfectly in rain, slush, and snow. Water just beads up on the leather and my feet have been totally dry. Whether I am standing or taking a hike the boots have been great, the insoles have just the right amount of softness while still keeping the boot stable. The mesh lining seems to be doing a good job of keeping my feet from becoming a sweaty mess and the rugged Gripstick soles have kept me on my feet.
After three months of testing, I am thrilled with these boots, great traction, waterproof, and great looks make the Timberland Britton Hill boot a hit in my book.

• Colors: Black, Cordovan (sold out)
  • Sizes: 7-10 1/2 all medium width
  • Price: $129.99 on sale now

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Would you classify these as everyday/urban boots that are capable of a light hike, or something else, Steve?

Steve Mullen INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER