Timberland Chillberg Mid Shell-Toe Waterproof Boots

photo: Timberland Chillberg Mid Shell-Toe Waterproof Boots winter boot

Price Historic Range: $101.19-$207.96

These lightweight Chillberg Mid Shell-Toe winter boots by Timberland are perfect for hiking or just walking in snow, light mud, or wet terrain. They are well insulated, waterproof and comfortable. I recommend them for general use in the snowy outdoors.

Pros

• Warm and dry
  • Recycled materials

Cons

• Laces don't seem to stay tied.

These boots fit beautifully. I wear a size 9 and the 9s fit true to size. No break-in needed. Wore them for 4 miles in Lake Tahoe on day one without issue. Loved the Primaloft insulation, which is 90% recycled material.

IMG_20161125_201156645-clean.jpg
Warm and water resistant these boots also offered breath-ability. I wore them in temperatures as cold as 12 degrees Fahrenheit above zero and was very comfortable and warm.

IMG_20161217_142733788-Snow-Print.jpg

The lightweight materials were a plus considering the weight of winter clothing. The shoes offered nice support for my ankles. The soles were flexible (could feel rocks through them without discomfort) but still gripped the trail.

IMG_20161125_201230786-Tread.jpg
Despite the snow and mud conditions my feet stayed warm and dry.

IMG_20161217_142015982-Out2.jpg

I did have trouble keeping the boots laced.  Not sure if it was the recycled materials in the laces or if the hooks were too open.

IMG_20161125_201218682-Primaloft.jpg
$170 from Timberland but can be found for less on eBay and Amazon.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.
Linda Compisi INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

I love Timberland products, so reliable and comfy. Know you will enjoy these boots for a long time to come.

g00se

Speaking as a TS reader, and not a moderator, this review really feels like a paid promotional review. Although you disclosed your relationship with the company, I still feel you and Linda are writing glowing reviews of barely-tested products and then voting for each other's reviews to get them noticed. Definitely not the kind of reviews I find helpful or useful.

John Compisi INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Goose. Appreciate the feedback but I must disagree. You'll note that my review is less than glowing and despite receiving the sample for trial I write and review with personal integrity, regardless of your misperceptions. Perhaps you should try these boots and you'll find my review is right on. I will certainly keep your feedback in mind, however, to avoid future misperceptions. Thank you, John

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter