Titanium Goat Ptarmigan

photo: Titanium Goat Ptarmigan bivy sack

Price MSRP: $90.00
Reviewers Paid: $110.00

The best of sleeping under the stars and being in a shelter.

Pros

• Small
  • Light
  • Convenient

Cons

• Durable?

The bottom and sides are made of of 30D sil-nylon that is waterproof. The top is made of 15D breathable water resistant fabric. There is an option to add a bug net hood over the face with a separate zipper. The bivy sack comes with a stuff sack and together they weigh 6.6 ounces, or 7.6 with the optional bug net hood.

If there is a threat of protracted rain I'll set up a DIY tarp to protect me and my pack, otherwise in good weather I use just the bivy sack. The breathable DWR hood has a double pull zipper so you can leave a small breathing hole over your face. In good weather the breathable hood can be pulled back and the optional bug net hood with a single zipper pull can be used to keep the bugs off. Both zippers go across the chest, but I find it easy to get in and out of the sack.

I love the simplicity of pulling out the sack and inserting my sleeping pad and quilt and in the morning and just stuffing stuff away. I also love that I'm protected from the elements and insects, but I can look up at the stars when I go to sleep.

My only worry is that 30d bottom isn't as tough as many tent bottom and it might wear.

Price Paid: $110 with optional bug net

Thanks for bringing this brand and product to our attention, Tÿcho. I'd love to see some pictures of yours.