Tomshoo Outdoor Camping Hiking Cookware Pot Set

rated 4.0 of 5 stars (1)
photo: Tomshoo Outdoor Camping Hiking Cookware Pot Set compressed fuel canister stove

Pot size 12 x 10.5 cm / 4.7 x 4.1 in
Pan size 11.5 x 6 cm / 4.5 x 2.4 in
Stove size 7 x 7.5 cm / 2.8 x 3.0 in
Weight 367 g / 12.9 oz
Package Weight 454 g / 16.0 oz
Package Size 12.5 x 12.5 x 17 cm / 4.9 x 4.9 x 6.7 in

I bought the Tomshoo Backpacker Stove off Amazon,…

Price Paid: $20 CDN

Summary

I bought the Tomshoo Backpacker Stove off Amazon, kind of an impulse purchase because it was only $20, and it included a two-piece pot set as well. I had been looking for a smaller stove to take on my backpacking treks and figured I'd check this one out. I had never heard of the "Tomshoo" brand before (made in China) but saw they had other outdoor products online, so I took a chance.

Pros

• Inexpensive price
  • Small, lightweight
  • Easy to carry

Cons

• Not sure how long the ignition system will last
  • Surface area is small, so not so good for large pots or frying pans

I'm very pleased with this little stove so far. It is very compact, and I can store a gas cylinder and a few other items in the pot set along with the tiny stove itself.

It seems pretty durable, made from aluminum and stainless steel. It had a double O-ring seal on the bottom and a easy to use folding valve. The piezo igniter system works very well and the flame is strong and hot, boiling a cup of water in just three minutes.

I've edited together a detailed video review so please check it out:

OR, if the above video does not play on your device, please click the link below:

Cheers

Wayne

Experience

I just acquired this stove so I've only used it on a few day trips, but plan on taking it along on all future backpacking trips.

Thanks for the review, theonecanoe. Please keep us posted on how this stove holds up in the long-term for you.