TOPS Knives Brakimo

rated 5.0 of 5 stars
photo: TOPS Knives Brakimo fixed-blade knife

Tops quality: great steel, holds an edge, micarta handles, and fits my hand like a glove. Kydex sheath with metal belt loop that rotates. The only thing I did differently was to add a 'D' ring and leather dangler. I recommend this product.

Pros

• Great steel
  • Micarta handles
  • Sharp out of the box
  • Kydex sheath

Cons

• Added a dangler

This is my go-to knife for hiking and camping. It has great blade, steel that holds an edge no matter what I put it through. It was extremely sharp out of the box. The only thing I have done is run it over a strop after several uses. Scandi grind.

Micarta handles helps with a grip. The narrow grip fits my medium hand perfectly. The sheath is made from Kydex and has a very good metal rotating belt attachment. I like a dangler with my pack(s) because I wear the waist belts. So I just added a 'D' ring and leather belt loop.

This makes an excellent bushcraft or EDC knife. I would carry it for a survival knife also. It's hard to beat a Tops knife.

Background

I have been hiking and camping all my life. I am 70 years old and still going strong. I have a lot of experience in the desert and mountain outdoors.

Your Review