Tredagain not only makes quality shoes, but they are…

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

Tredagain not only makes quality shoes, but they are environmentally aware while they make great footwear.

Pros

• They use recycled tires
  • Heavy duty lasting shoe
  • Can be worn with toe socks
  • Environmentally aware company

Cons

• Have some hot spots that need to be broken in
  • A bit on the heavy side

Occasionally, I get the awesome opportunity to review products in exchange for an honest review. This time, I had the pleasure of testing out a pair of sandals by Tredagain! The Tredagain Guadalupe Sandal rocks out on their specialty...recycled rubber from tires.

Here is a quote from their site about what they do:

20171119_150153-01.jpg

"TREDAGAIN partners with Austin Rubber Company LLC which manufactures a de-vulcanized rubber compound called APX®. Using an environmentally friendly, patented process, this sustainable solution converts end-of-life tires and other vulcanized scrap rubber into a less expensive substitute for virgin rubber, which can be used in a variety of new products including the outsoles of TREDAGAIN."

Isn't that cool!?

I love the philosophy, and I loved some things about the shoes too…

1. The soles are solid. Just what you'd expect from a tire. And the sole is imprinted with "tire tread", thus re-enforcing and reminding the consumer about what the shoes are all about.
  2. While this isn't the lightest weight shoe I've tried on, it feels as if it will last a long time. It's got substance to it. Not a "dime store" purchase...you'll get some wear out of these.
  3. They are very compatible and comfortable with my toe socks! It was colder outside when I tried these out, so I took my toe socks and voila! They were great!
  4. They use post-consumer waste to make their packaging. This just gets better and better!

The only thing that I was minorly concerned about is that they might take some time to break in without socks. I felt a few rub spots when I tried them on barefoot, but most new sandals rub on your feet in spots you didn't know existed, so I suspect my tootsies just need time to adjust to the new feel of this sandal.

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.

I hope you'll update us on how these hold up in the long term, Amy.