Tredagain Guadalupe Sandal
Tredagain not only makes quality shoes, but they are…
Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)
Tredagain not only makes quality shoes, but they are environmentally aware while they make great footwear.
- They use recycled tires
- Heavy duty lasting shoe
- Can be worn with toe socks
- Environmentally aware company
- Have some hot spots that need to be broken in
- A bit on the heavy side
Occasionally, I get the awesome opportunity to review products in exchange for an honest review. This time, I had the pleasure of testing out a pair of sandals by Tredagain! The Tredagain Guadalupe Sandal rocks out on their specialty...recycled rubber from tires.
Here is a quote from their site about what they do:
"TREDAGAIN partners with Austin Rubber Company LLC which manufactures a de-vulcanized rubber compound called APX®. Using an environmentally friendly, patented process, this sustainable solution converts end-of-life tires and other vulcanized scrap rubber into a less expensive substitute for virgin rubber, which can be used in a variety of new products including the outsoles of TREDAGAIN."
Isn't that cool!?
I love the philosophy, and I loved some things about the shoes too…
- The soles are solid. Just what you'd expect from a tire. And the sole is imprinted with "tire tread", thus re-enforcing and reminding the consumer about what the shoes are all about.
- While this isn't the lightest weight shoe I've tried on, it feels as if it will last a long time. It's got substance to it. Not a "dime store" purchase...you'll get some wear out of these.
- They are very compatible and comfortable with my toe socks! It was colder outside when I tried these out, so I took my toe socks and voila! They were great!
- They use post-consumer waste to make their packaging. This just gets better and better!
The only thing that I was minorly concerned about is that they might take some time to break in without socks. I felt a few rub spots when I tried them on barefoot, but most new sandals rub on your feet in spots you didn't know existed, so I suspect my tootsies just need time to adjust to the new feel of this sandal.
Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.