Tubbs Panoramic

Women's
Price MSRP: $249.95
Current Retail: $249.95
Historic Range: $159.95-$249.95

My version is called the Panoramic. It has a dial/wire for the toe binding (no toe straps). The toe and heel cleats are similar to Tubbs' Wilderness series versus the Mountaineer.

I've used them 3+ times in varied weather and conditions, so I think they should put up with my sporadic use for many years.

Pros

• Dial/wire toe binding + single heel strap make for solid fit
  • Toe cup area is flared in a bit to keep boot from working its way forward
  • Cleats under foot and heel are big, aggressive, and solid
  • Heel lift

Cons

• Webbing (?)—While I just don't trust plastic so much in the b/c, I also know there is likely nothing more durable and light.
  • Heel lift—float (on a fairly solid base) within the webbing. Might prefer it be anchored to the side frames.

Snowshoes in fresh snow makes walking possible. And on packed snow (up and downhill) they make it simpler.

I had these Pano's on for carrying a pack and pulling a sled versus my pals with hiking boots. The grip of the cleats made the ups and downs and flats so much more manageable than boots alone. I am very happy with these.

I find the Panoramic's binding system easier, faster, and feels more solid than the 4 x strapping system used on the MSR Ascent.

Experience

While more of a b/c skier myself, wife and I bought snowshoes to get outside together. I got the Panoramic, she got MSR Lightning Ascent.

Price Paid: $200 CAD (on sale)

Thanks for the review of the Panoramics, Gerald. I've moved it under the right product page for you. I hope you'll keep us posted on how they continue to work out, and maybe share some snowy pictures... I'd love to see a review of what your wife thinks of her Lightning Ascents too. I have an older version of that women's model: https://www.trailspace.com/gear/msr/lightning-ascent/

MSR Guardian Gravity Purifier Review