Under Armour Storm Tactical Patrol Pants

Price MSRP: $79.99
Current Retail: $63.99
Reviewers Paid: $29.99
Material 100% Polyester

Fit well and water resistant.

Pros

• Fit
  • Water resistant
  • No Velcro
  • Breathable

Cons

• Cost
download.jpg

I bought them from Winners for $29.99 and have been out several times with them on warm, cool, and cold weather hikes of up to several hours. So they are pretty simple cargo pants with some features I like.

No Velcro! I find velcro just collects lint and becomes unusable. These pants use snaps on the pockets and I find them secure enough and easily accessed. The belt loops are large enough for my belts and are strong enough to clip gear to.

They are cut to conform in the knee area, so bending and moving is comfortable. One of the few pairs I have that doesn't feel like they are being pulled down when kneeling or squatting down.

A bonus I discovered on a wet hike was that the fabric "was" hydrophobic, however after being in the wash a few times this stopped being a thing. I found that washing with Nikwax Wash-In water repellent and spraying it with Nikwax Tent and Gear treatment restored the hydrophobia.

These are just good comfortable pants for being out on hikes or runs. They will keep you relatively dry in light to medium rain or walking through a damp woods. They are not particularly warm, but I think that is what long johns are for so this doesn't bother me.

I find "Hiking" and "Out Door" pants are hell overpriced and I generally wear simple jeans or cotton cargo pants for 50$ or less. With that said finding these at Winners for $29.99 I feel was a deal but I would walk by them at the prices I seen them at in Sporting Stores ($59.99-89.99).

Experience

Happy with them for the investment

Sounds like you found an excellent deal, Tyler!

Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Activewear worth $660