Vasque Trek II

rated 3.0 of 5 stars

The Trek II has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best backpacking boots for 2022.

Price Reviewers Paid: $200.00

These are old boots! I bought them about 5 years ago and I'm not even certain if Vasque makes them anymore. However, I did try on about 10 different pairs of boots at the time including Raichles (Montgnas), Asolos, Danners, and Timberlands and these were the only pair that felt secure on my long (size 11) skinny (A-B) feet! They felt great during the initial break-in period, wearing them to work and on approaches to climbs involving scree scrambling. However, on my first real backpacking trip (12 miler in Superstition Wilderness, AZ...very rocky!) I got blisters on both heels. I wore them again on some light day hikes and climbing trips in an effort to break them in only to run into the same blister situation on my next backpacking trip (20+ miles in the Chirachauas). By my third trip I had gotten a bit wiser and started packing extra moleskin in anticipation of the dread heel blisters. The blisters have somewhat abaited, but I don't know if it's the boots that have finally broken in, or my feet!

Materials: Leather