Vasque Vibram

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The Vibram has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best backpacking boots for 2021.

photo: Vasque Vibram backpacking boot

Price Reviewers Paid: $70.00

My beloved 'sole' mates have weathered the 20 years I have owned them beautifully. I bought them before I entered a mountainous university to hike to class in treacherous conditions ( sub zero temperatures, snow and for class hikes as far as 1.5 miles.) Now I use them to rake the yard and hike to the ski lodge once a year but they end up on my feet at least once a week just because they are still the most comfortable shoes I own. I wonder if Vasque boots are still made as well as they were two decades ago. The shoestrings didn't hold out as well and had to be replaced last year but still, a remarkable lifespan for shoe apparell. I must wear thick socks now because the interior of the boot has become somewhat hardened. The treads are still intact but could be a little sharper when I use them for hiking on rocks. I've tried on lots of different hiking boots, more for the fashion statement but was surprised at how uncomfortable they really are. What can I say...I've been spoiled.

Materials: Leather