The Antelope Super DL has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best 3-season down sleeping bags for 2021.
Historic Range: $485.00-$539.95
Reviewers Paid: $299.00
After months and months of doing my research and trying bags from just about every reputable high-end manufacturer, I decided on the WM Antelope SDL. You'll be hard pressed to find a better bag at this temp range.
what I liked:
1) Pound for pound, the best loft of any bag I looked at (WM's temperature ratings are very conservative.)
2) Unmatched quality in materials (lining, shell fabric, down) stitching, and craftsmanship (Excellent quality control)
3) Plump draft tube that does its job very well! No cold spots!
4) Fabric stiffening tape makes zipping a cinch. This is one of my favorite features because I HATE snags!
5) Versatility in a broad temperature range(continuous baffles, zips, etc...)
6) Hood and collar design. Special cut allows for the bag to loft up well around your face. Tighten the collar and this bag becomes a toasty warm oven for those very frigid nights.
What I didn't like:
1) Dry-Loft makes the bag a bit more difficult to stuff than microfiber, but this is the small price you will have to pay (along with some extra $$$) for DryLoft's superior water resistance.
2) Expensive! You get what you pay for with this bag (I was lucky to find one on sale.)
If you want a versatile, easy to use, no compromise bag that'll put you to sleep like a baby on cool to frigid nights, get this one.
Fill: 750+ fill down
Temperature Rating: 0 F
Weight: 2lb 13oz
Price Paid: $299 (sale)