Wild Zora Mountain Beef Stew

Price MSRP: $12.95
Current Retail: $12.95
Historic Range: $7.93-$12.95
Reviewers Paid: $12.95

This product has no gluten and is a paleo meal. Organic ingredients packed with 410 calories and 37 grams of protein. I wanted to try a paleo meal to see what the difference was compared to other meals on the market.

Pros

• Fresh grass-fed beef
  • Organic spices
  • Helpful packing

Cons

• Price
  • Needs something to draw more hikers and backpack
  • Needs like an au jus for it

SANY0499.jpg

No gluten, nuts, milk, or added sugar. It has organic broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, kale. It doesn't come in a typical gravy sauce like most stews. It comes with spices like garlic, marjoram, and sea salt. The meal once I opened it had an earthy smell to it. I added Himalayan salt to it and cracked pepper. The directions call for pepper and salt and if you want to add ghee as well. I just didn't have any ghee.

SANY0501.jpg

Directions are your typical take oxygen absorber out of bag. Add 1.5 cup of water into bag mix product, then let sit for 5-15 mins. I put it in my thermal bag to heat and sit. I had to add a lot of salt and pepper to the product to make it more acceptable and give it some flavor.

I would have to say this product needs something for it to stand out. Maybe I am missing something cause I am not on a paleo diet, but it really needs maybe a hot sauce or something and an au jus for it.

SANY0500.jpg

I could smell the garlic and thyme. It's just not enough for this meal. That's why I added more salt and pepper. I was fine after I ate this. I think I would have to try this again and really take apart the ingredients and find what I could really get out of it mixing and matching flavor profiles.

SANY0504.jpg
I would try this again to give it more  of a chance to compare it to other meals I have had backpacking. Price is high due to the ingredients.

Experience

Other than a gravy mix, this is the first Paleo meal I have had. Mostly I have had Mountain House, PackIt Gourmet, and AlpineAire.

Thanks for sharing your taste testing of this meal, Denis. I hope the next one you try is better!

denis daly

Alicia Iam going to order another and see how I can change the profile of it more...I think I was just not use to a Paleo stew...So another chance with it to change it might work...

Good luck, Denis!