Yukon Charlie's Trail Series 825 - Men's

rated 2.0 of 5 stars (4)
photo: Yukon Charlie's Men's Trail Series 825 recreational snowshoe

Price Historic Range: $43.00-$99.00
Reviewers Paid: $79.99-$119.00

Junk—first time out pole adjustment broke, fourth time strap broke, fifth time out buckle broke. Less than 5 miles now and dumpster material—let's fill up our dumps with junk. I'll never buy these again.

Pros

Cons

• Need to have leather bindings. Bindings are junk. Buy something and leaves you a half mile from home trekking through four feet snow to get back. Just hate to see bad ideas and stupid designs when could be non-disposable.

Pole adjustment broke buckle for binding, broke less than 5 miles on Yukon Charlie's Chinook snowshoes and dumpster material. If you see a pair of snowshoes without leather binding keep going; the nylon strapping did not hold up less than 5 miles of use. Sat for two years not used, but was in the garage out of the sun and weather. Should be made better.

Just hate to see stuff fill up our dumps because of bad designs. The rest of the snowshoes looks brand new.

Price Paid: I believe $79

This is disappointing, Randy. Sorry to hear about your snowshoes.

Broke apart in less than 10 short hikes...CRAP.

Pros

• NOT a thing

Cons

• Cheap materials
  • Hard to repair construction

Used them less than 10 times and the plastic broke and the entire foot piece came out still attached to my foot. Cheap construction...going to attempt fixing them, but would never buy another pair. Even some of the plastic on the decking cracked and broke off.

Price Paid: about $80

That's unfortunate, Bob. Thanks for sharing your experience. Care to share a picture of your busted snowshoe in your review for others to see?

These are junk. The plastic break up around the rivets the first time you wear them. I have two pair, worn one time for a 2-mile hike. We had to stop in the middle and use shoe string to tie them back together to get home.

Pros

• None

Cons

• All the rivet points break out and they fall a part.

Complete and total waste of money. Don't buy or you will be sorry!

Price Paid: Don't Recall

I love my shoes. I have the 825's and they are great. This is the 3rd winter I've had them, no problems.

Here in the Northeast we've had lots of snow this winter and I've used them almost every day. Love them.

rated 2.00 of 5 stars All Trail Series 825 versions

In addition to the 4 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Trail Series 825. Read all reviews »