Yukon Charlie's Trail Series 930

Price Historic Range: $29.00-$109.00
Reviewers Paid: $109.00

rated 4.0 of 5 stars average rating

or

These are the shoes I keep in my vehicle for winter SAR missions, should they be needed. I'm not a real big guy, but I choose the 9X30 size because I often carry a fairly large pack or pull a sled. Truth be told, I selected these after talking to a salesperson at one of the big chain outfitters. The salesperson tried to convince me that, based on what I wanted to use the shoes for, I needed a $240 pair of snowshoes! I walked. Bought these in a much smaller chain with no hassle for less than 1/2 the cost.

Even though these are listed as recreational shoes, I've had no problems using them in pretty harsh environments. Woods, deep forests, frozen swamps, and open fields riddled with corn stalk stubble. = They hold up pretty well. I've used these in knee deep powder and on...well, solid ice. Even though the crampons are aluminum, not stainless steel, they give adequate grip in all but the most extreme inclines.

The bindings are simple to operate and don't require constant readjustment. The hand-laced decks give these shoes a cool retro look too.

Your Review