Zamberlan Trekking Medium Weight Socks

rated 4.5 of 5 stars (1)
photo: Zamberlan Trekking Medium Weight Socks hiking/backpacking sock

Specs

Reviews

Excellent pair of technical socks that keep feet (mostly)…

Rating: rated 4.5 of 5 stars
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: 14 EU

Summary

Excellent pair of technical socks that keep feet (mostly) dry!

Pros

  • Not very thick
  • Multilayered seamless fabrics
  • Excellent fit!

Cons

  • Somewhat expensive.

Having a good outdoors experience greatly depends on the boots you're wearing. I believe that boots comprise 80% and socks the rest 20% of this experience.

And 20% is a lot...

No matter how breathable your boot/shoe may be your comfort still relies on the direct-to-skin component: your sock.

Your skin breathes, even when you're standing still, let alone hiking. Your feet sweat, the sock soaks, and the skin starts to get wrinkly and soft (just when you stay inside water for long), blisters start to form and when they break every step comes with agony. Yeah, we've all been there at some point, right?

But enough with the hiking drama. Technical socks can facilitate some accelerated evaporation to keep your feet dry(er) thus less prone to blisters.

DSC00455.jpg
I choose this pair from Zamberlan because it was the only brand available in the EU with the highest amount of Coolmax and no cotton at all.

DSC00457.jpg
I won't claim that they keep my feet 100% dry and blister free, I mean hell, not even the manufacturer does that lol, but I've seen at least a 40% improvement compared to some other thick generic socks.
DSC00458.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

They feel good in my feet without any annoying seams and after 1.5 years of use they still hold on to my feet nice and snug (no slipping).

They may be a little pricey but it's worth it.
DSC00802.jpg

Alicia MacLeay TRAILSPACE STAFF

I didn't even know Zamberlan made socks. Thanks for the review, Nick.


4 years ago
G00SE

Nice review, Nick. Thanks.


4 years ago
Nick Mesarhakis

I bought them from the same store that I bought by Zamberlan boots. There's also a thermolite version of those for biting cold conditions but since am sweating easily the coolmax version was right for me.


4 years ago
Alicia MacLeay TRAILSPACE STAFF

Thanks, Nick.


4 years ago

Where to Buy

Help support this site by making your next gear purchase through one of the links above. Click a link, buy what you need, and the seller will contribute a portion of the purchase price to support Trailspace's independent gear reviews.