Zpacks Zero

rated 4.0 of 5 stars
photo: Zpacks Zero overnight pack (35-49l)

Small Medium Large
Weight 4.0 oz / 113 g 4.2 oz / 119 g 4.6 oz / 130 g
Body Volume 1,700 cu in / 27.5 L 2,200 cu in / 36 L 2,800 cu in / 44 L
Body Dimensions 10 x 6 x 28 in / 25.5 x 15 x 71 cm 12 x 6 x 29 in / 30.5 x 15 x 74 cm 13 x 6.5 x 31 in / 33 x 16.5 x 79 cm

The Zpacks Zero is a frameless, ultralight, customizable pack made of Cuben Fiber. Consisting of only a pack body and shoulder straps, to begin with, Zpacks allows you to add features, that you deem necessary, to make the pack as full featured (or minimalist) as you’d like.

My favourite options available are the back pocket, the sleeping pad straps, and the key pocket.

If I were looking to omit some features I would leave off the webbing belt and not have the seams taped.

I’ve made a video to highlight the options available, and feature the options that I ordered (and why)...

Pros

• Customization
  • Sleeping pad straps
  • Removable key pocket
  • Large back pocket

Cons

• Production time
  • Not sold on the drawstring opening
  • Can be a little pricey dependant on options

Quick note on customer service:

My inquires about certain features and customization were all answered incredibly quickly. The various staff members that I emailed with were very patient and helpful in ensuring I was getting the type of pack that i wanted.

The turnaround time from ordering to shipping my pack was quite long, much longer than expected. My pack was ordered June 10, 2015, and shipped Sept 4, 2015 (over 12 weeks). I did know there was going to be a wait period, but at the time of order the site was quoting anywhere from 6-8 weeks, so almost double the stated time. I also was never given an update on expected shipping date or production time after ordering, so you’re kinda out in the cold on that one.

Gear Libraries Increase Outdoor Access, Equity, and Adventure